Friday, December 23, 2011

My prayer today....

Today I prayed through various Psalms....it was a beautiful worshipful time with my Dad....

Father,
     It is 2 days until Christmas--my heart is overflowing! Time is flying by and yet you are still the unchangeable perfectness you were in the beginning of everything.  Today I PRAISE you for you glorious rule and reign over the whole earth and over time and space, over my heart and my plans for this day! "The earth is LORD's and everything in it, the world and all who live in it." Psalm 24:1
    I CONFESS all my sin, the iniquity of my heart.  All the ways that I exalt myself and act against Your ways.  Cleanse me and I will be clean. "Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me." Psalm 51:2-3
     I rejoice and give thanks to You for Your unfailing lovingkindness!  Your ways are great and I delight in you with all my heart!  Thank you for all your gifts of goodness and your nearness which sustains me! "Shout for joy to the Lord all the earth, Worship the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with THANKSGIVING  and into His courts with praise!" "Bless the LORD oh my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name! Bless the LORD oh my soul and forget none of His benefits....who pardons all my iniquities, who heals all my diseases, who redeems my life from the pit, who crowns me with lovingkindness and compassion, and who satisfies my years with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagles." Psalm 100, Psalm 103
     I pray that you will sustain me with a willing spirit! My heart is prone to wander and my heart and my flesh to fail. Let Your nearness be my good! Establish your KINGDOM in my heart and my family's heart. Let them trust in you with all their hearts and lean not in their own ways! Let their lives shine before men--that you are exalted!  No matter what we feel or how wronged we may be by others or how difficult the day becomes may we be filled with JOY because of Your presence in us and all around us! Open our eyes that we may behold wonderful things in your law.  
    My heart is overwhelmed with Your reality Father....keep my eyes on You like I am in this moment all day today, wherever You lead me!  For your glory and my joy I ask these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.
     

4 comments:

  1. Just so you know, we love that God is giving us yet another avenue to keep up with how He is working in and through Team Hambrice. Merry Christmas!!

    The Lasiters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kristi for sharing your heart, being so transparent and genuine. You are a breath of fresh air and even though we didn't get a lot of time together, I want you to know that I am thankful for our friendship! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas in Thailand filled with very special memories that draw you all closer to Him and to each other. Your family shines for Christ in that nation and wherever he has you. Merry Christmas Hambrice family! Love, Lori West & family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post, very real and reassuring of His faithfulness

    ReplyDelete